This page includes
- Recommended Foods
- Food Exchange List
- Dining Out Guide
- Meal Guidelines
- Please see this page for additional FAQ
“What you put in your mouth is 80% of how you are going to look and feel”
*This is a broad shopping list and gives you an idea of foods that you can exchange with, order at restaurants, or buy at the grocery store. You do NOT have to buy everything on this list at one time.
• Chicken • Turkey • Extra Lean Ground Turkey • Lean Hamburger • Lean Steak • Beef Filet • Buffalo • Tuna • Egg Whites • Whole Eggs • Salmon • Cod or Any White Fish • Shrimp • Scallops • Bison • Cottage Cheese – Look For One Without A Lot Of Fillers And Added Ingredients • Protein Powder • Egg White Protein Powder • Lobster • Venison • Plain Greek Yogurt (Full Fat Recommended) • Kefir • Chia Seeds • Hemp Seeds • Collagen Peptides
*Be sure to only buy wild-caught fish and organic, grass-fed meat with no added antibiotics or hormones.
*Serving sizes for your protein powder and collagen peptides are listed on the back of the container.
• Slow Cooked Oatmeal • Lentils • Beans (Kidney, Red, Black, Cannellini) • Sweet Potatoes • White Potatoes • Red Potatoes • Quinoa • Millet • Amaranth • Buckwheat • Slow Cooked Brown Rice • Pumpkin • Ezekiel Bread (May Contain Gluten) • Gluten-Free Bread • Hummus (Preferably Homemade)
*Most rice and grains come in flour form at the grocery store for baking. Good flours to use for baking pancakes, muffins, waffles, and other desserts are: coconut flour, buckwheat flour, brown rice flour, and almond meal/flour. **Coconut flour is very absorbent so you will want to be sure to use ⅓-½ the amount of other flours.
• Feta • Goat • Cottage
Fruits & Veggies
All are acceptable but go for a variety and lots of colors.
• Flax oil • Pecans (all nuts consumed raw and unsalted) • Olive oil • Almonds • Walnuts • Raw/Natural peanut butter • Raw/Natural almond butter • Avocado • Coconut oil • Grape seed oil • Olives • Hummus
Condiments, Herbs & Spices
• Mustard • Chili peppers • Chives • Cilantro • Dill • Ginger • Garlic • Lemon verbena • Mint • Orange mint • Oregano • Parsley • Rosemary • Sweet basil • Tarragon • Thyme • Turmeric
The above lists of herbs are the ones I like using when I cook. They also have many healing properties and are considered FREE FOODS! NOTE: If you love ketchup on everything, find ketchup that uses maple syrup, honey or Stevia, as opposed to high fructose corn syrup. Always use sparingly.
• Almond milk • Coconut milk • Rice milk • Stevia for sweetener without Dextrose • Raw unfiltered honey • Maple syrup (100%) • Ground flax seed • Teas (try to choose mainly decaffeinated) • Mushrooms (free food) • Cacao Bliss (or Raw Unprocessed Cacao, Not Hershey’s, Not Cocoa) • Unsweetened coconut flakes • Golden Superfood Bliss
Drink ¾ of a gallon to a gallon of water per day. Does not include smoothies or teas.
Foods to Avoid
• Diet soda • Carbonated drinks • Creamy based salad dressings • Deli meats • Processed soy products • Alcohol • Cheesy products • Frozen food dinners • Cream in coffee (use almond or coconut milk) • Artificial sweeteners
You can use this to exchange certain foods in the recipes that you may not love for foods that you do love. This will give you an idea of how much of what food you can exchange to stay in correct portions of fats, proteins, veggies, fruits, and carbs.
• ½ Gluten-Free Pita • 1 Sprouted Grain or Gluten-Free Tortilla • 1 Slice Ezekiel Bread (whole grain bread product) or 1 Slice Gluten-Free Whole Grain Bread • ½ Cup Cooked Oatmeal, All Variety Rice, Amaranth, Beans • ¼ Cup Hummus (hummus will also be added as a fat)
•1 Handful Of Raw Unsalted Nuts (Approx. 1/8 Cup) • 1 Tbsp. Almond/Peanut Butter • 1 Tbsp. Oil • ½ Avocado • 1 Tbsp. Hummus
Fruits & Veggies
• Approximately One Deck of Cards Worth of Meat • 1 Serving of Protein Powder (Serving size on back of protein container.) • ½ Cup of Cottage Cheese, Kefir or Plain Greek Yogurt (Full Fat Recommended) • 3 Egg Whites or 2 Whole Eggs • 2-3 Tbsp Of Chia/Hemp/Ground Flax Seeds
• Dijon Mustard • Mushrooms • Salsa (Homemade Preferably) Dijon and Salsa can be added as condiments to your dishes as often as you want (not to be consumed in large amounts). Mushrooms can be eaten whenever you want.
Dining Out Guide
Daily Meal Guideline
• 3 oz. of Clean Protein/Meal
• ½ c. - 1 c. of Veggies 4x per day
• ½ c. - 1 c. of Fruit per Day
• 1c. - 1 ½ c. Carbs per Day (Break carbs down with what works best for you)
• 2 - 4 Tbsp of Good Healthy Fats per Day (This is added fats)
• 2 tsp of Added Sugars per Day.
The goal is to eat 6 times per day, every 2-3 hours in the order of Breakfast - Snack - Lunch - Snack - Dinner - Snack.
Did you know you can use your hands as measuring tools?
If you don't have the "standard" measuring cups/spoons or a food scale, no worries. Just use this HANDY way to measure your Fit Rise meal portions and ingredients.